Artist of the Day Rules
WKMK / WTHJ – THUNDER 106
“$100K ARTIST OF THE DAY CONTEST”
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING. THE FOLLOWING CONTEST IS VALID ONLY IN NEW JERSEY AND IS OPEN ONLY TO QUALIFIED PERSONS (AS DEFINED IN THE RULES BELOW). VOID ELSEWHERE AND WHEREVER PROHIBITED. DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST IF YOU DO NOT FALL WITHIN THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AS SET FORTH BELOW.
Promotion Period: The Cash Call Contest will run on or about 9/10/18 to 10/26/18. The $100,000 Grand Prize contest event is scheduled to occur on 11/16/18 at Press Communications, 2355 West Bangs Avenue, Neptune City, NJ 07753 (“Grand Prize Drawing Date”). The contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void outside NJ, and wherever prohibited or restricted by law.
Who May Enter: Contest is open to legal U.S. residents, who also must live in New Jersey, and who are age 18 or older as of date of entry with a valid U.S. driver’s license or government issued photo I.D., except the following classes of persons who are not eligible to enter:
1. Employees, officers, and directors of Press Communications (“Sponsor”) Million Dollar Media (“Administrator”), each of their respective franchisees, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, distributors, retailers, printers, advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the design or execution of this promotion (collectively, “Released Parties”) and the members of the immediate families or households of any of the above, whether or not related. “Immediate family members” includes, for purposes of this promotion, parents (including in-laws), grandparents, siblings (including step-siblings), children (including step-children), grand children (including step grandchildren) and each of their respective spouses.
2. Individuals who are unable or unwilling to be present for the grand prize contest event scheduled to occur on 11/16/18.
How to Enter: SEE THE “$100K ARTIST OF THE DAY CONTEST” OFFICAL CONTEST RULES BELOW.
Finalist Selection & Notification: SEE THE “$100K ARTIST OF THE DAY CONTEST” OFFICAL CONTEST RULES BELOW.
Grand Prize Contest: The Finalist Grand Prize Contestant will be required to select two (2) sealed envelopes from a total of (20) sealed envelopes displayed by the contest administrator. Two (2) of the twenty (20) envelopes will contain a “Winning Certificate” designation printed with a ‘$’ or some other winning symbol or text which clearly distinguishes them as winning certificates. Eighteen (18) envelopes will contain the “Non-winning Certificates” printed with a ‘X’ or some other non-winning symbol or text which clearly distinguishes those envelopes as non-winning certificates. In order to claim the $100,000 Grand Prize, the Finalist contestant must consecutively select the two (2) sealed prize envelopes that contain the official “Winning Certificate” from the twenty (20) sealed prize envelopes displayed by the sponsor.
The following requirements apply to the envelope selection attempt:
• The contest attempts must occur in the presence of the Contest Administrator. Any attempt not made in the presence of the Contest Administrator will be disqualified and is not eligible for the grand prize.
• All provided sealed contest envelopes will be identical in size, shape, and color.
• Each sealed contest envelope will be labeled with a number to encompass the entire range of numbers from 1 to (20). No two contest envelopes will be printed with the same number within the set of (20) contest envelopes.
• Opening more than (2) sealed contest envelopes for any reason will disqualify the contestant and will void any opportunity to claim the grand prize.
• In the event the contestant does not select the (2) sealed contest envelopes that contain the “Winning Certificate”, their contest attempt is ended and there will be no further opportunity to win the grand prize.
IMPORTANT: In the event the set of (20) sealed contest envelopes is found to contain more than (2) “Winning Certificates” for any reason including due to an error in their preparation or due to any type of tampering, the contestant’s attempt is void. The contestant will only be entitled to re-attempt the contest and will be provided a new set of sealed contest envelopes prepared by Million Dollar Media for their re-attempt. By participating in the contest, the contestant agrees with these terms.
Prize Awards & Delivery: In the event of a winning contest attempt, the corresponding eligible contestant will be eligible to claim the grand prize, subject to approval and verification of compliance with these official rules. The grand prize is: $100,000 Cash.
A maximum (1) grand prize will be awarded. If the grand prize-winning requirements are not successfully completed during the Promotion Period, then the grand prize will not be awarded.
Grand prize winner(s) must accept delivery of prize from sponsor, or as otherwise instructed by sponsor. All other costs related to prize delivery and acceptance are the responsibility of winner including but not limited to taxes, title, insurance, license, and registration fees. Prizes are nontransferable, and no cash redemption or prize substitution allowed, except at sponsor’s sole discretion or as provided herein. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if an advertised prize becomes unavailable. Other restrictions may apply. All properly claimed prizes will be awarded. Any unclaimed prizes will not be awarded, except as provided herein.
Prize winner(s) will be required to complete and return a W-9 form (if prize value exceeds $600.00), affidavit of eligibility, and liability/publicity release and present a valid U.S. driver’s license and social security card before prize will be awarded. Winners of prizes greater than $600.00 will be issued a 1099 form reflecting the value of the prize(s) and are responsible for paying all income taxes on prize(s). Failure to collect or properly claim any prize in accordance with these rules will result in forfeiture of the prize. If forfeited for any reason, contestant will not receive any other prize substitution or compensation. Total maximum retail value of all available prizes: $100,000.
Additional Rules & Restrictions: By participating in this contest, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Administrator, which shall be final in all matters relating to this contest. In the event an entrant wins a prize and is later found to be in violation of these rules he/she will be required to forfeit the prize or to reimburse Sponsor for the stated value of the prize if such violation is discovered after winner has used the prize. Participation in contest constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use winners’ names and/or likenesses for purposes of advertising and trade in any media worldwide without limitation or further compensation unless prohibited by law. False, fraudulent or deceptive entries or acts shall render entrant’s ineligible for any prize.
Sponsor and Administrator are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising of the offer, administration or execution of the contest or in the announcement of the prizes/prize winners. By accepting prizes, winners agree to hold sponsor, and released parties (collectively “Releasees”), from any claims, losses, actions, or damages of any kind, whether actual, incidental or consequential, for injury (including but not limited to death), damages, losses or expenses arising out of or relating to entrant’s participation in this contest, or the acceptance, possession or use/misuse of any prize, or participation in prize-related activities (including but not limited to travel related thereto), and to assume all liability in connection therewith.
Releasees shall not be liable to any winner, entrant or any other person for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof by reason of any acts of God, any actions, regulations, orders, or requests by any governmental entity, equipment failure, terrorist acts, war, fire, unusually severe weather, embargo, labor dispute or strike, labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, or any other cause beyond Releasees’ sole control. No more than the advertised maximum number of prizes will be awarded for any reason.
In Case of Disputes: By participating, each entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Promotion, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court within the State of New Jersey; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New Jersey, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of New Jersey or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New Jersey.
Odds: The odds of being selected as the grand prize finalist are dependent upon the number of qualifiers who attend the grand prize contest event. The odds of winning the Grand Prize finalist winning the Envelope Pick contest are 1:190.
Winners List: For a copy of these official rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: WKMK “$100K ARTIST OF THE DAY CONTEST” c/o Press Communications, 2355 West Bangs Avenue, Neptune City, NJ 07753. PLEASE SPECIFY what you are requesting.
Contest Sponsor: This contest is sponsored by Press Communications, 2355 West Bangs Avenue, Neptune City, NJ 07753.
Contest Administrator: This contest is administered by Million Dollar Media, PO Box 248, Woodbridge, NJ 07095.
WKMK / WTHJ – THUNDER 106
“$100K ARTIST OF THE DAY CONTEST”
1. DATES: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Sweepstakes begins on or about 9/10/18 and will run to approximately 10/26/18 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Final deadline to enter is 11:59pm on 10/245/18. On-line entries are limited to one single natural person per unique valid email address. Multiple entries will be discarded.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is open to legal U.S. residents who also must live in New Jersey and who are age 18 or older. “Local Winners” as detailed in any promotional materials for this contest shall mean only that in order to be eligible to win, entrants must be legal U.S. residents of New Jersey. Employees of Press Communications, LLC, its affiliated radio stations and their respective affiliated and subsidiary companies, partners and members of the immediate families or households of such employees are not eligible. Individuals who are unable or unwilling to be present for the grand prize contest event scheduled to occur on or around 11/16/18 will be disqualified from the $100,000 Envelope Pick Grand Prize Attempt. Void where prohibited.
3. ENTRY: Beginning on or around 9/10/18 and running through approximately 10/26/18, all THUNDER 106 listeners will be encouraged through on air announcements each morning at approximately 6am, 7am and 8am and through various social media posts to listen for the “$100K Artist of the Day”. When a listener hears any song from the $100K Artist of the Day during the period 9am to 5pm, they can call Thunder 106 at call 732-776-5555. Caller 106 will win $100 and be entered as a “Qualifier”. All Qualifiers will then be entered into a pool of Qualifiers for a chance to win the $100,000 Artist of the Day Envelope Contest Attempt. On the Grand Prize Drawing Date of 11/16/18, one Qualifier will be randomly selected from the Qualifier pool for a chance at winning the $100,000 Envelope Pick Grand Prize Attempt contest (the “Grand Prize”).
4. ODDS: The odds are based on an estimated number of overall entries in the contest. The odds of winning the $100,000 Envelope Pick Grand Prize Attempt contest (the “$100,000 Envelop Pick Grand Prize Attempt”) are 1:190.
5. PRIZE AWARD: All prize claims are subject to verification of the claimant’s identification as the actual person named on the selected entry, eligibility, and compliance with these contest rules. The station will verify the actual intended winner by checking appropriate personal identification during the winner’s phone call (full name, address, phone number and birth date) and again when the winner collects their prize. After an authorized employee of Press Communications, LLC declares the participant a winner, a check will be prepared within 60 days in the winner’s name. All prize winners are required to pick up their prize at the Press Communications, LLC studio office located at 2355 West Bangs Avenue in Neptune NJ. Winners must show legal identification and tax ID to claim prize. All prizes must be claimed within thirty (30) days of official notification that the prize is available to be claimed. Prizes unclaimed after thirty (30) days of notification will be forfeited. Winners are responsible for all taxes (where applicable) on a prize and for any expenses not specifically related to their participation in the sweepstakes and the acceptance and use of a prize. Press Communications, LLC is not responsible for lost, damaged or misdirected prizes; no substitutions will be provided in the event winner does not receive their prize. Prizes are non-transferable.
6. GENERAL: By participating, entrants agree (a) to the Official Rules and to the decisions of the Company, the sponsor and it agents, which decisions shall be final in all matters relating to this sweepstakes; (b) if their name is selected as a winner, to the announcement on-air of their name and, if it is determined by sponsor to confirm their winning in-person, to having such confirmation taped, filmed and recorded for use on air or in any other media; and (c) to release, discharge and hold harmless Press Communications, LLC. Million Dollar Media and DMR/Interactive, their subsidiaries and affiliates and their respective directors and employees from any liability, claims, losses, damages and injuries arising directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from their participation in the sweepstakes and the acceptance and use of a prize; and (d) that Press Communications, LLC, Million Dollar Media and DMR/Interactive, their subsidiaries and affiliates and their respective directors and employees are not responsible for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, malfunction, defect or delay of any kind in telephone calls, radio transmissions or on-line or internet submissions or for the failure of Press Communications, LLC or its affiliates to receive telephone calls for any reason or for any computer or software malfunction of any kind affecting the proper execution of this sweepstakes or for late, lost, illegible or damaged mail or entries. Press Communications, LLC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify rules and/or method of entry and to postpone, reschedule, delay, and or to cancel or terminate the sweepstakes in its entirety or partially at any time. Neither Press Communications, LLC nor its affiliates are responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest, or in the announcement of a prize. By entering, all contestants agree to the decisions of Press Communications, LLC. All decisions of agents and authorized representatives of Press Communications, LLC are final.
9. REMOVAL FROM LIST: An individual may request that the sponsor refrain from sending that individual any other sweepstakes or contest related mailings. To do so, they can contact Press Communications, LLC via phone at 732-774-4755 or via mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. An individual can also reverse the removal request by submitting a written request to receive such promotions to the above address.
10. ADDITIONAL TERMS. See thunder106.com/rules-regulations for details on the Company’s General Contest Rules available on the Company’s website.